Friday, August 9, 2013

The Number 21...

The number 21 is special to me today because in exactly 21 days I will be:

  • Crossing the Venetian lagoon on the Alilaguna water bus heading for the Fondamenta Nuove Stop
  • Wending my way through the confusing, tiny alleys to my Rio Terra Barba Frutterol canalside apartment
  • Having my first authentic prosecco, spritz and grappa... yes,  all in one day
  • Snapping countless pictures with my yet undecided upon camera 
  • Searching for the closest gelateria
  • Finding the shop where they fill any bottle you bring with 2 euro very drinkable wine
  • Deciding at which charming little trattoria I will be having my first Venetian meal
  • Having my first glimpse of the Grand Canal, a gondola and St Mark's Square
  • And getting utterly, hopelessly, enjoyably lost.

There are 21 days until I reach... heaven on earth.

No comments: