Monday, July 29, 2013

Funny How Time Slips Away...

One month from today I will leave on my third "Dream" adventure. Following a year of research and hemming and hawing,  9 months ago I selected Venice as the my next destination. Five months ago, I put down a deposit on my canal side apartment in the Cannaregio area of Venice.  Today, I start my final countdown for a trip that, deep within my soul, I  feel could be the best and most life altering one yet.

I am not a clairvoyant by any stretch of the imagination, but, I do have a feeling that I will fall in love with Venice ... far deeper in love than I have ever been before. There is something about her decaying beauty, bridges, canals, colors and amazing architecture that beckons me.  I look at pictures of Venice and wish I were a poet so I could do this regal lady all the justice she deserves.

Sadly, I am not a poet, but, just a dreamer with pedestrian writing and photography skills.  But, if I am able  to grow and strengthen my skills anywhere ... it will be in La Serenissima.  It is said that everyone who visits Venice  falls in love with her. So strong is the power of her magical beauty that many return time after time.  Some of the most romantic visit her shores and never leave.  In thirty days, I will know exactly which of these visitors I am. Until then,  I will dream of getting that "special shot" and of writing, oh so imperfectly, about the wonders of the Queen of the Adriatic.

No comments: